A Rowan County youngster was hit by a car while trying to a board a schoool bus this morning.
The accident occurred about 7:10 a.m. on Ky. 519 South in Morehead, Kentucky State Police at Morehead said. The youngster was flown to University of Kentucky Medical Center after being struck by a 2008 Toyota Corolla driven by Scottie D. Ingle, 30, of Morehead.
Ingle allegedly passed the stopped bus while the child — whose name, age and gender weren’t released — was attempting to board it, the KSP said.
The accident remains under investigation and crimina charges are pending, the KSP said.
Charges pending in accident
- Local News
Area woman’s book collection of aviator grandfather’s technical writings
All her life, Barbara Sellers gave much thought to flight.
- Musical memories
- Water main break causes headaches
- MLB exec speaking to Greenup graduates
- Span into Ky. likely out of commission through holiday
- Area woman’s book collection of aviator grandfather’s technical writings
- Local Sports
63rd District: Russell double shifts it
During last year’s 63rd District championship game, Russell and Greenup County went eight innings. On Wednesday night the two teams decided more was necessary.
- 63rd District: McCall stands tall for Greenup
- 64th District softball: Cat-like reflex
- With one swing of the Bath
- 62nd District Softball: East playing second fiddle no longer
- 63rd District: Russell double shifts it